NCSA offers the Duo multi-factor authentication solution as a method of protecting and securing NCSA's resources.
Duo at NCSA accounts are available to all NCSA Kerberos account holders.
Duo enrollment process
- NCSA Kerberos username and password
- If you need a password reset, use the NCSA Identity service - https://identity.ncsa.illinois.edu/
- iPhone or Android phone with the Duo mobile app installed
- iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duo-mobile/id422663827?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duosecurity.duomobile&hl=en
- If you do not have an available smart phone, a hard token can be provided by contacting security.
- Visit https://duo.security.ncsa.illinois.edu
- Log in with your NCSA Kerberos username and password
- If you experience any difficulties using the NCSA Identity and Access Management site, please contact NCSA ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choose Device Management Portal
- Follow the Duo process for enrollment
Backup Codes and Tokens
Duo at NCSA provides multiple methods to recover your account if the smart phone you used to register becomes unavailable.
- You can register a Yubico U2F token using the Duo Portal:
- U2F tokens only function with supported web browsers
- Create backup codes:
- You can generate and save 2 non-expiring backup codes.
- You are urged to write these down and place in a safe location or save into a password vault.
- To use a backup code after rebuilding your (or getting a new) phone:
- Install the DUO app on your phone
- On a computer, go to: https://duo.security.ncsa.illinois.edu
- Launch Device Management Portal
- Click the "Enter a Passcode" button
- Enter your backup code and then click "Login"
- NCSA can provide a Duo hardware token: