A rich client framework for use in a high performance computing environment.
See Rich Client Platform.
Siege has been in beta for about 18 months; it has been undergoing testing in connection with the LEAD project, and in particular, was used by 70 participants at the 2006 Unidata Workshop; see further the report delivered to the American Meteorological Society.
Download the latest version (available for Linux x86, MacOS ppc, MacOS x86, and Win32).
This client is intended to serve as a general-purpose work environment for application scientists wanting to run distributed workflows on production resources (such as on the Teragrid).
The choice of the Eclipse platform is a natural one, inasmuch as integration with other special tools (for instance, the Parallel Tools Platform or the Eclipse Test & Performance Tools Platform) is greatly facilitated by the common framework. It also provides a readily available, standardized way for extending the user environment with customized views for specific scientific applications.
- Download the package for your hardware/software combination.
- Unzip to your favored application location.
Eclipseicon) from the siege directory.
Views & Perspectives
The current releases include the following views and perspectives:
- Broker Perspective: for interacting with the Workflow Broker
- Workflow Repository View & Editor: for preparing and launching workflows
- Workflow Monitor View: for examining the status of a launched workflow
- Broker Admin View: for obtaining from the Workflow Broker summary information about workflows launched by the user
- Event Monitor: more detailed than the Workflow Monitor view, offering node-by-node events all the way down to the DEBUG level and allowing for inspection of all event properties
- Host Info Admin View: for viewing/updating available compute resources
- Event Query View: general purpose view for receiving events on the message bus