NCSA offers several options for Git repositories.
- NCSA offers a self-service git server at https://git.ncsa.illinois.edu/. This is a GitLab setup, similar to GitHub, but hosted locally at NCSA. It allows either public or private repositories, projects, and groups. But public repositories are recommended to instead be hosted at GitHub, while NCSA's GitLab is intended more for private repositories.
Request a New Subversion Repository
- These directions are for requesting a new Subversion repository for use at NCSA. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Name you would like for your repository
- Who will need access to the repository (Kerberos user name)
- If you would like anonymous read access via viewvc or svnserve
Help using Subversion
Converting a CVS to Subversion Repository
- Include in the email to the help desk the name of the repository. This is a one way conversion, once it is a Subversion repository, it can not go back to CVS.