Introduction to the C3 AI Suite
The C3 AI® Suite is a data analytics engine designed to perform the ingestion and analysis of heterogeneous data sources. The C3 AI Suite joins data from multiple sources into a single unified federated data image. With the federated data image defined, C3 AI then provides an API to access that data, and in the case of time-series data, perform numerous transformations and computations, all producing normalized time-series data at regular intervals.
More background on the C3 AI Suite can be found in a one-hour C3.ai DTI™ webinar describing its capabilities here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the C3.ai DTI team at the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
C3 AI Suite Guides
We have prepared several self-study guides based on your level of understanding C3 AI Platform:
- DTI Readiness Checklist: Before you go to any guides below, please check if you have C3 AI Suite Access with this Readiness Checklist.
- DTI C3 AI Suite Quickstart Guide: If this is your first time using C3 AI Suite, this is the guide you are looking for. This quick start guide will provide you the core concepts about the platform and some visual (images and videos) guides to provide a basic understanding of the platform.
- C3.ai DTI Tutorial to C3 Types: This is a C3.ai DTI tutorial guide for essential concepts about C3 Types. This is one of the most important concepts in using the C3 AI Suite. The C3 Type is similar to the concept of the "class" in Java and Python.
- DTI Guide: C3 Expressions: This is a C3.ai DTI guide to understanding C3 Expressions which appear throughout the platform.
- C3.ai DTI Guide for Jupyter Notebook on C3 AI Suite: If you have had some basic understanding of the C3 AI Suite and want to use the Jupyter notebook on C3 AI Suite, those two basic guides will help you to get started. The Python Action Runtime setup guide is also included.
- DTI Guide: Python on C3 AI Suite: This guide describes some basic details of using Python on the C3 AI Suite including how to define Python runtime environments.
- C3.ai DTI Data Integration: This will be the guide if you want to integrate data into C3 AI Suite. It includes Official C3 AI documentation for data integration, detailed integration structural explanation, and a recorded demo video for data integration. This guide assumes some basic understanding of the C3 AI Suite and C3 types.
- C3.ai DTI Guide to Machine Learning: This guide will provide you some basic knowledge on how to start Machine Learning on C3 AI Suite. It provides you the substrate/concrete C3 Types that you will frequently use on the platform, along with a couple of usage examples. This guide assumes some basic understanding of the C3 AI Suite and C3 Types.
- C3.ai DTI RESTful API Documentation: This guide provides a basic understanding of the C3 RESTful APIs that are automatically generated when you deploy a C3 Package to your C3 Tag.
- C3.ai Tips and Tricks: This guide provides a number of useful tips and tricks for working with the C3 platform.
- DTI Platform Resource Management Guide: This DTI managed guide instructs how to manage your cluster resources. Especially useful for custom Jupyter sessions.
- C3.ai DTI Training Videos: If you are a visual learner and prefer to learn the basic concepts with a lecturer, feel free to check these training videos covering topics selected by the C3.ai DTI DevOps staff. These are a collaboration between the C3.ai DTI team and Armaan Butt from C3 AI and go through various aspects of development and usage on the C3 AI Suite.
- List of Additional Available Training Resources: There are still several additional training materials that have not been listed above. Please visit this page for more details about those trainings.
- Official C3 AI Training: If you would like to go to official C3 AI training, here is the link for you. There are multiple online courses and each will take about a week of working time to finish, but these can be really helpful for you to understand their platform and details.
Other Computational Resource Guides
We also have additional supplemental computational resources for supporting, including Azure Clouds and Supercomputing facilities:
- Introduction to Azure Cloud: This page will present you with information related to Azure Cloud. For more detail please contact to DTI Support Staff so that we can provide you a one-on-one Zoom meeting.
- NCSA Blue Water Resource Summary: This page is the system summary page for Blue Water's High-Performance Computing Resources.
- UCB NERSC Resource Summary: This page is the resource summary page for National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center's (NERSC) High-Performance Computing Resources.
If you feel aspects of this guide are incomplete or inaccurate, please send an email to email@example.com with the issue or suggestion, and we will work to incorporate it to make the documentation better. We appreciate the new perspective more eyes can bring to a software project!
Your DTI Team
Jay Roloff - Executive Director
Matthew Krafczyk - Data Analyst
Yifang Zhang - Data Analyst
Darren Adams - Senior Research Programmer
Weddie Jackson - Research Programmer
Bruno Abreu - Research Programmer
Larry Rohrbach - Executive Director
Eric Fraser - Chief Technology Officer
Greg Merritt - DevOps Lead
Matt Podolsky - Managing Director of Research Technology
If you have some additional questions or need that is not covered by this series of guides, please feel free to contact the DTI team at the email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can provide some help with your questions via help desk tickets and/or Zoom meetings.
C3 AI, C3.ai, C3DTI, C3.ai DTI, C3.ai Digital Transformation Institute, and the C3.ai logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of C3.ai, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other product names, trademarks, and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.