Document Name: NCSA Security Awareness Program
The NCSA Security Office requires all staff to review and acknowledge the NCSA Information Security Policy upon hire and annually, thereafter. The Security Office also makes general security training available to all staff at least twice annually as a part of the NCSA Leadership Development program. This training is designed to communicate important security policies and good security hygiene practices: often discussing the latest threats (i.e. malware, attack techniques), security tools, and best practices. Information . The training is advertised within NCSA's staff newsletter and CSD's official blog (see links below). Information regarding important security vulnerabilities are also disseminated to system administrators and other equipment operators at NCSA. University staff within the NCSA Health Care Component are required to take training provided by the University regarding electronic Protected Health Information (ePhi) before being granted access to and systems with ePHI.
- The CyberSecurity Division blog
- The Security Office vulnerability blog
- The NCSA Bytes & Pieces staff newsletter
- The CyberSecurity Division Twitter stream
- All staff emails for urgent communication
- Automated reminders to acknowledge the NCSA Information Security Policy