- Summary (1 page max): Please provide a one-page summary of the research you plan to pursue using ROGER. Make sure to include a title and a list of PIs/CO-PIs with affiliations and email addresses. Also, highlight the intellectual merit and broader impact of this research work.
- Research (3 pages max): Please describe the specific research problems that will be addressed on ROGER. For each of these research problems, please provide the following information:
- Experiments and Usage Estimate (~2 pages):
- List of experiments planned and what are the expected outcomes of those experiments.
- Summarize collective usage from all these experiments and provide an estimate of the number of CPU hours needed by your project along with an estimated timeline. This can take the form of N cores * X hours. For estimating this please consider the expected scalability of the software, and provide details of any previous testing you’ve done with this software on other systems. You can see ROGER’s hardware description here.
- If you propose using data-intensive or OpenStack subsystems instead of (or in addition to) batch HPC, please include other relevant estimates of your usage of those systems (e.g. number of concurrent virtual machines needed and resource requirements of these).
- If the usage is linked to education activities, please clearly state the education goals or classes that would be taught along with an expected number of students who might be using ROGER resources
- Team Expertise (~1 page): You are also expected to clearly address the readiness of your team to conduct the experiments specified above on each of the subsystems being requested. You could, for example, note that the usage is exploratory or code is under development /testing, or the software and data are ready for production use. If your team is in exploratory, development or testing phase, please explain how do you anticipate transitioning to production phase. If you anticipate being production ready immediately, please include past usage of similar resources. Additionally, if your research were data-intensive and you would require >50TB of storage, please clearly summarize the storage needs of your projects. Specifically, state if the project will either host or generate data that would be used by a significant research community.
3. References (no page limit): Please include a limited set of representative publications in the research area.
4. Bio (2 page per PI): Please include an NSF-style bio for each PI.
If you as an instructor would like to request access to ROGER resources primarily for usage in class or teaching, please provide the following information:
- Course Summary (2 page max): Please provide a summary of the course you plan to teach using ROGER. Please provide the expected number of students who would be part of the course, the duration, and which ROGER components you would like to use (HPC, Hadoop, OpenStack, CyberGIS-Jupyter). Also detail any additional CyberGIS tools or services that you might want to use.
- Course Syllabus : Please include the course syllabus or link to the course website.
Where to submit
The submissions should be sent in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title 'ROGER Allocation Request'.
If your proposal is accepted, your team will be provided access to ROGER resources for one year, with possibility of renewal.