NCSA offers several options for Git repositories.
- If you want your project on GitHub, you can setup a project at https://github.com/ncsa/ . View NCSA GitHub for instructions for using NCSA's GitHub.
- NCSA offers a self-service git server at https://git.ncsa.illinois.edu/. This is a GitLab setup, similar to GitHub, but hosted locally at NCSA. It allows either public or private repositories, projects, and groups.
- If your project is open source and you want it hosted at https://opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu/bitbucket/, then contact Rob Kooper to setup an account and project.
Request a New Subversion Repository
- These directions are for requesting a new Subversion repository for use at NCSA. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Name you would like for your repository
- Who will need access to the repository (Kerberos user name)
- If you would like anonymous read access via viewvc or svnserve
Help using Subversion
- For Subversion try This Site.
Converting a CVS to Subversion Repository
- Include in the email to the help desk the name of the repository. This is a one way conversion, once it is a Subversion repository, it can not go back to CVS.